Friday, January 23, 2009

If You're Not A Manc, You're A Wank

This Saturday morning we got Manchester United at Tottenham in an FA Cup match. The great thing about our semi-local English pub Lucky Baldwin's is that they open at 7am for English Premiere League games. I didn't grow up a soccer fan and don't follow it a huge amount right now, but I do find it somewhat entertaining and my friend Kevin is a hardcore Manc who makes it fun to watch with. I am a self proclaimed Wayne Rooney fan- he is my homeboy. So that game is on around 9am tomorrow morning so we'll be making our way over to the Lucky Baldwin's Delirium Cafe in the morning to take that match in and have a hearty English breakfast - 2 eggs, sausage, beans, and a friiiiiiiied slice.

And as a side note, I stopped and got a mixed quart of strawberry, lemon, and mango Gelato yesterday. Just smelling the mango (a fruit I almost never consume) I can't tell you how much this smells like a fresh Blind Pig or Pure Hoppiness. Crazy.

Think I'll be grabbing a Nugget Nectar soon.
__________________________________________________________

Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham. I had some English bangers with 2 eggs and potatoes. The bangers at Lucky Baldwin's are tasty. Also ordered up a Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale and Lagunitas IPA. Both were either really old or were being poured from dirty lines... I'm more inclined to think they were old. Both tasted pretty bad. I haven't had an experience ever like this before at Lucky Baldwin's with the beer. I had to pick up a few Blind Pig's from Whole Foods on the way home.

11 comments:

BeerGuy said...

Rooney? Mannn, its all about Cristiano Ronaldo.

And Tevez is a wank.

Probably heading to Flying Dog tomorrow.

Kevbo said...

Ronaldo should just be called Senor Greasy. I may be a United SUpporter, but am no way a Ronaldo fan. It's all about Ryan Giggs!

If you're not a Manc, you're a Wanc.

WE ARE THE PRIDE OF ALL EUROPE
THE COCK OF THE NORTH
WE HATE THE SCOUSERS
THE COCKNEYS OF COURSE (and leeds)

WE ARE UNITED!

BeerGuy said...

Kev,

Got your text, please do keep me informed if you end up in Md. I'll see what I can conjure up.

Steve said...

Indeed we do not root for SeƱor Greasy.

ROOOOONEY!! "On me xbox like, Fifa two thousand and nine, I was ManU striker Wayne Rooney, that's brilliant that is"

BeerGuy said...

Thats like not rooting for Reggie Bush.

Before I even knew who he was I'd watch Man U and just marvel at his skill, he jumps out right away as a player way above the level of most on the field even in Premier League and UEFA etc. competition.

Steve said...

How can you marvel at a guy who just runs straight really fast. That's all he does, run straight fast. Ryan Giggs is the whole package. Renaldo could not do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH1MbA3LEKU

BeerGuy said...

"runs straight really really fast"

Cristiano Ronaldo, Michael Owen, Beasley on the US team etc.

That skill works tremendously well in soccer :)

Kevbo said...

So, I tell the swamp donkey to sock it before I give her a trunkie in the tradesmens' entrance, and have her lick me yardballs! Ha, ha!...

Kevbo said...

My baby takes the morning train, he works from 9 to 5 and then, he takes another home again, to find me watching [pause] The manchester United Football team! the best freakin' team in all the land woohoo!!"

BeerGuy said...

Stinkin I-ti's.

Gaelic garlic tossers.

Anonymous said...

Rooney? Ronaldo? Who cares.

Messi is the man!

And if Man U is unfortunate enough to meet Barca in the Champions League, they're toast.

P.S. Rooney = Shrek