Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA Lands In So. Cal

The ever popular East Coast 60 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head has finally been added to Southern California distribution. I'm happy to see this because I don't particularly care to drink the others that are available (DFH 90 min IPA, Raison D'etre, Midas Touch). Unlike the 90 Minute IPA, 60 finishes nice and dry without a lot of under-attenuated malt competing for flavor with the hops. 60 Minute, being continuously hopped as opposed to only triple-hopped, is a touch fruity and mildly grassy, but drinks pretty well. It's a good beer but at around $10 a 6-pack I'm not sure I'd ever have too much of a reason to purchase it over a 6-pack of Union Jack IPA for a couple bucks less.

Cheers to Dogfish Head for stamping "bottled on" dates on their bottles too. This allows us consumers to find the freshest beer possible, and that is absolutely vital to enjoying your drinking experience with any sort of hoppy beer.

When Dogfish decides to distribute their best beer, Indian Brown Ale, to these parts I'll take back almost everything mediocre I've ever said about them.

No comments: