Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas In A Bottle

Here is my obligatory, cliché Christmas post. I don't know about all these winter warmers, spiced beers etc. I like most of them but all I know is that there is one beer that I think of when the phrase "Christmas in a bottle" is used - and that is Pliny the Elder. It pairs well with 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS.







I also came home to a great Christmas box on my porch which had traveled all the way from Baltimore. My friend Brian sent the newly bottled and ever-so-popular-in-the-Maryland-area Brewer's Art Resurrection, and a bottle of their finely done Belgian strong pale ale Ozzy. As much as I've seen Brian and everyone else in the Maryland area rave about Resurrection, a Belgian dubbel, I am chomping at the bit to try it.


Merry Christmas to all those who somehow find themselves coming across this blog and share their thoughts on the greatest of beverages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are two *beautiful* pictures. Well done with the Ozzy/Rezzy

Anonymous said...

PS, Merry Christmas!

So happy to know you and your family. Very fortunate and appreciative of your guys' continued kindness and friendship.