Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just Found A New Beer I'll Be Drinking The Rest Of My Life

It just so happens that Weihenstephaner's Hefe Weissbier is one of the highest regarded beers in the world. I haven't had a full glass of it till today. This is absolutely one of the best beers I've ever had, and it will definitely be a beer that I have multiple bottles of stocked in my fridge at all times.

The thing about this hefe is it doesn't throw too much of one thing at you. There is plenty of wheat, duh, but the clove isn't intense, the banana is barely noticeable, but the combination of all makes for a light, sweet, wheat tasting beer. 4.7/5




For dinner I paired my smoked pulled pork sandwich with the Weihenstephaner Dunkelweissbier. It seemed to be tilted more towards the banana side with a nice sweet caramel malt to it, all alongside the wheat of course. As you can see I initially poured a bit too aggressively, but that head stays formed nicely in the mug. 4.3/5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On tap ... amazing.