Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bottle Of Russian River Blind Pig

Where I live in Southern California I can now have Russian River's Blind Pig IPA on tap regularly at 2 places within a 30 minute drive. It's not the most convenient thing in the world but at least I know it's fairly close if I'm out in those areas. (conversely, people in San Diego can probably find it at no more than a 10-15 minute drive from them, wherever they are). Anyway, I still wanted to get a bottle of it to see how it drinks from there.

I know there seems to be plenty of people who can tell huge differences between tap and bottled versions, and there already have been a bunch of complaints of the bottled Pliny the Elder not living up to its tap version, but to me they taste pretty close. I really love this beer but I must say I think as far as regular IPA's go right now I would give the notch to Russian River IPA over their Blind Pig.

No comments: