Sunday, March 29, 2009

North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner

Very good pilsner. I probably got a somewhat aged bottle so the hops aren't really detectable but the body and taste are very smooth, grainy, a little bit of grassiness and a tiny bit of lemon. Proper high carbonation without having a carbonic bite to it. Like I said, all around very good and soft pilsner. Hopefully on my next Santa Rosa trip I'll be able to take a little roady up to Fort Bragg and try this stuff fresh on tap.

Your 80's flashback song of the day: I'm In Love with a German Film Star - Passions

4 comments:

BeerGuy said...

I think its the glassware.

We get a decent amount of North Coast here, Judges seems to have the Scrimshaw on tap quite a bit.

Rational Realist said...

I was in SF last summer and had Pranqster (?) North Coast's Belgian golden ale and it was great. I want a Scrimshaw just because Pranqster was so good.

Rational Realist said...

One more thought, I have to think every time I hear North Coast not to confuse it with Lost Coast. North Coast = good beers; Lost Coast = not so good beers.

Steve said...

haha true. I haven't had any very good beers from Lost Coast... alley cat amber and downtown brown were average. I'll still try their 8-ball stout at some point.