Sunday, March 22, 2009

Deschutes Buzzsaw Brown

Brown ales have skyrocketed up my list of favorite styles within the last year from the bottom quarter to the top 3 or 4 of my favorite styles. I had Deschutes Buzzsaw Brown a few years ago at a bar, thought it was Ok but seemed to have a metallic twang I didn't like too much, so I never sought it out again. I've been meaning to give this Deschutes seasonal beer another chance, and finally got around to it after purchasing a single bottle of it at Hi-Times yesterday.

At 4.8% and with its tasty flavor this could be my ultimate session beer. It's not heavy on the palate but the nice light body of chocolate and lightly caramelized malts is really satisfying. This beer is generally available from January to March. If you're slowly shifting into more sessionable beers like I have been lately, you should definitely check out this high quality brew from Deschutes.

No comments: