Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Was Past Due For A Cold Virus

I had the pleasure of coming down with a cold Sunday night and have been popping Cold-eeze, Emergen-C, Sudafed, Claritin, Ibuprofen and doing the salt water gargling around the clock. I don't really feel horrible but I'm just dreading this thing moving into my chest, which will cause a lingering cough for a couple weeks. I know the minute I drink a beer my health will go downhill even more, it happens every time. The worst part is I just received a growler of Minneapolis Town Hall Masala Mama IPA, which has long been the #1 ranked IPA on BeerAdvocate, in the mail. I plan to share that with The Baltimore Beer guy, when he comes over Friday, whether I'm cold-free or not.

I've been looking forward to trying Masala Mama for a loooong time now, but as far as I've been able to tell it's only available at the brewery and then maybe on tap at some local establishments- although I'm not sure about the latter. In reading reviews, this IPA definitely gets the most compliments of any IPA in terms of "drinkability," or as I would say, ease of finishing the glass in front of you. I actually like to replace that with the term "enjoyability"... it just makes more sense to me and is a bit easier to define for each individual if you ask me. Will probably have a review up Friday night sometime.

2 comments:

Stagalicious said...

I just had my first growler of MM IPA a few weeks ago and I almost finished it off in one evening. Extremely drinkable.

Steve said...

Solid, tasty IPA no doubt. It didn't top the charts for me, but I would have fun drinking it often if it were local to me.