Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ommegang Three Philosophers

There probably isn't too much I can say about Ommegang Three Philsophers that hasn't been said on a million other blogs. I just wanted to try this because I heard it was the premiere "panty-dropping-beer." A beer that any girl would fall in love with. After tasting it for myself I don't really see what the big deal is. It's ok. A quad mixed with a kriek. There is a bit of sweet dark fruit from the quad and a bit of fruitiness (although really subdued) from the kriek and I can't really detect a whole lot of cherry from it either. It also finishes with a dirt-like taste. Honestly I could see either a quad or a kriek by itself doing the trick, but not this concoction. Anyway, no panties were dropped during the tasting of this beer and maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it that much. 3.35/5 for me.

No comments: