Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Clipper City Pale Ale

I just received a little care package yesterday from my friend and fellow beer blogger, The Baltimore Beer Guy. One of the beers in there was a local Baltimore brewery named Clipper City who I have in the past only had, and enjoyed, one beer from. Not only that but it came with a beautiful Victoria Gastro Pub pilsner glass (if I lived close to this place in Columbia, MD, I would be there a few times a week like he is also!). I was itching to try it out so I poured me one tonight.

To start off, it just looks awesome in that beautiful glass. The aroma is bready, more so than most pale ales you find out here. It has a nice peppery hop balance to it. I was having this with some pizza and the caramel maltiness on the light body of the pale ale paired really well. It's a super easy drinking and very tasty beer. Some of the hop flavor is similar to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale- the pale ale I drink most often probably, but it has more caramel to it and none of the somewhat sharp bitterness left in the mouth by SNPA. That makes the 2nd nice beer I've had from Clipper City. 4.15/5

No comments: