Monday, June 18, 2007

Local Liquor Store Heaven = Great Beer Haul

Decided to finally hit a much talked about local hot spot for some beer today, which is thankfully only about 10 miles from the house. The place is called Lone Hill Liquors (Glendora), a standard run of the mill strip-mall liquor store... at least from the outside. The only difference is that its run by a hardcore beer enthusiast. He has about 6 coolers focused on top notch beers. The items that get this store the most buzz are beers that are impossible to obtain out here unless a trade is set up with someone local to that brewery (Midwest and East coast stuff).

The main purpose of this quest was to see if any Stone Vertical Epic 07.07.07 was in today (this is the first day of its release). After meeting the owner and talking about some of his inventory for a few minutes, we browsed through and started selecting beers. Just as we were doing this the Stone delivery truck pulled up with their shipment of 07.07.07. Perfect timing! He quickly pulled a couple for me and then also told me he had a couple Russian River goodies in the back if I was interested. He brought out Redemption and Supplication, so I snatched those up since they are impossible to find anywhere right now.


The complete haul looked like this:
1. Stone Vertical Epic 07.07.07 (2)
2. Russian River Redemption
3. Russian River Supplication
4. Three Floyds Alpha King (single 12 oz)
5. Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA (single 12 oz)
6. Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter (single 12 oz)
7. Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA

Now I am completely stocked up beyond where I want to be. My mini fridge is packed with stuff I don't want sitting out in the summer heat, yet it's not big enough. I guess I will have to reverse the trend and start drinking faster than I am buying.

No comments: