Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Glassware

This might be the ultimate sign of geekdom, but my glassware collection is steadily growing. Some just because I like to bring home souvenirs from breweries, but also because I like to drink certain beers out of what they are intended to be drank out of.

The Pint Glasses
Can't say I have a favorite here, though I do have a soft spot for the Deschutes glass as it was a gift from my fellow beer loving Trojan friend Brian. The BJ's glass I got for free from a waitress :) and the Port Brewing and Firestone glasses were results of visiting the brewery gift shops while buzzed.

The Bigger-Than-Pint-Glasses
Out of this group I'd say I get the most mileage out of the TAPS glass. It really is a versatile glass. From IPA's to Stouts to Barleywines, it has seen em all. Secondly, the English-style nonic pint glass in the middle I also like a lot- with English beers. And of course the USC weizen glass which was also a gift from my buddy Brian.

The Belgian GlassesThe Chimay glass is handy for the occassional Dubbel, but my favorite by far here is the La Fin Du Monde glass on the right, which is great for many types of beer, especially Belgian Pale Ales which are becoming my favorite style at the moment (Damnation is the $hit). The New Belgium globe glass I don't particularly care for, its hard as heck to pour a beer with a nice head in that glass.

The MugsI haven't used the glass on the right in over a few years. It's a 32 oz'er that we lifted from a local alehouse back in the days of BMC drinking, which I'm not too proud of anymore (bad karma). My new USC mug though I like a lot, it really forms and holds the head pretty well.

The Newcomers
I intend to use that Stone IRS glass for imperial stouts, barleywines, double IPA's, the occasional Tripel, among other things. The Stone IPA flute glass will be great for IPA's. I already had a Stone IPA out of it and man it looked good. Ok enough of the nerdy stuff for now, but I really need to stop buying glassware otherwise I'll go broke.

No comments: