Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Hi-Times Beer Haul Review #4 - Lagunitas Pils

Lagunitas "Czech Style" Pilsner: It's always good to throw some kind of lager in there to remind yourself how, even though generally less flavorful than most ales, they still have much more flavor than the BMC product you drank back in the day, or now and then when you have no other choice. The Lagunitas Pilsner had all the light malt flavor you would expect, but this one was also light on the hops. I expected the hops to really be showcased much like the Victory Prima Pils, but this one went down with hardly a hop flavor or bitterness. The one thing it did have was pale malt sweetness- bready, crackery, slightly tart. But the smooth mouthfeel on it also makes it EASILY drinkable. I probably drank this beer faster than any beer I've had in the last year. Not saying I would willfully want 2 or 3 of these when there are more flavorful beers around, but if I were out and this was one of the better choices I would have no problem putting a few of these back. I gave it a 3.55 on BA.

No comments: