Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Craft Beer Spot In Los Angeles

I had heard via Beer Advocate that Traxx Bar in Union Station (LA's train/bus station hub) would be carrying a nice selection of craft beer, but I haven't been through there since the end of Summer. For the last few years I've been at USC all they would have there was Fat Tire and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at most, plus a bunch of domestic and import lagers. I stopped in on Friday and what did I have to choose from? Stone Pale Ale on tap, Paulaner Hefe on tap, and bottles of Stone IPA, Victory Prima Pils and Storm King Stout, Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale, and Drake's Amber Ale were some of the ones I could see in the fridge. Traxx is a tiny bar and a lot of the people that commute through Union Station don't know it exists. There is a Traxx restaurant too, but that is located across the way and diagonal from the bar. If you're at Union Station seek out the good brew from now on!

***(you're also a 5 minute walk away from Philippe's, so have a pint and then go grab the best french dip sandwich in the world)

No comments: