Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Goodies


So although I just made the 45 mile trip to Hi-Time Wine Cellars in Costa Mesa, apparently it wasn't enough as Timmins talked me into it again the following Saturday. We traveled down there to pick up some wine and beer before leaving for Pismo Beach. My main goal was to get the recently released Lost Abbey Devotion- a special, very limited release, Belgian style pale ale. According to the guy at Hi-Times, he received the entire Orange County allotment which amounted to 2 cases (24 beers for the entire OC!). While there I also happened to further dent my wallet as I picked up an Avery Collaboration Not Litigation, Avery Salvation, and Moylan's Hopsickle Triple IPA.

As an aside, the Avery Collaboration Not Litigation is a blend of Avery's Salvation and Russian River's Salvation. Both breweries produced a beer with the same name and instead of having problems over it, they came up with the clever name and idea to blend the beers. So while I will be able to specifically taste 1/2 of what went into the Collaboration (Avery Salvation), the other half is much harder to get a hold of.

No comments: