Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hi-Times Beer Haul Review #1- Sam Adams Cherry Wheat


Sam Adams Cherry Wheat- Despite the many people who have said this beer tastes like cherry cough syrup, I actually liked it. I liked it a lot. The appearance is fantastic, a clear burnt orange, with a nice thick fluffy head contributed by the wheat. The smell and taste are sweet cherry with a sort of pale malty backing to it. I didn't pick up much tartness from the wheat, maybe it was overshadowed by the cherry- which is definitely present, but not overpoweringly so. This was a highly drinkable beer, one that I would have no problem keeping a 6-pack of stocked in the fridge at all times. I gave it a 4.45 on BA.

EDIT: This beer was much better out of the bottle than it was on tap at a local bar. They must have overpressurized their keg or whatever, because the mouthfeel was a little more carbonated and harsh. The bottled version was much smoother.

No comments: