Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Great Trade, Upper Midwest Beers

This last week I completed a trade with a fellow BA in Minnesota. He got a good dose of Stone and I got a great selection of Midwest beers. The beers seemed to make it in great condition through the heat, though the wax seals on 2 of the bottles didn't fare as well. Those two being the most unique- the New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red and the New Glarus Raspberry Tart. I hadn't even heard of these beers (that full under the fruit beer category) until about three weeks ago, when I saw some stuff posted in the forums that piqued my interest. I had to jump on the chance to get these when it came up. I'm also really looking forward to the 3 IPA's that were included- Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Surly Furious, and New Glarus Hop Hearty Ale. To round it all out was a Bell's Double Cream Stout. Can't wait to get started on these in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that ...

Is that a can of beer I see? Pray tell.

Steve said...

Surly Brewing Co (Brooklyn Center, MN) cans their beers. And pretty darn good ones from what I hear. That Furious IPA is rated #4 of all the American IPAs in BA.