Monday, July 16, 2007

Avery Collaboration Not Litigation

When I bought Avery's (and Russian River's) Collaboration Not Litigation a month ago at the store I really didn't know much about it, other than the premise behind the blended beer. I didn't know what the Avery Salvation was (until a week later when I tried it) or the Russian River Salvation. I bought it anyway for a pretty hefty price of about $7.50 for a 22 oz. bottle. When I got home and read the BA reviews I was a bit worried I bought a good, but much overpriced beer.

I wasn't let down though. This was a very good beer. A blend of a Belgian Strong Pale Ale and a Belgian Dark Ale. The color comes out on the side of the Russian River's dark Salvation. The aroma has a Belgian yeast earthiness along with a toasted-malt smell. This beer tastes kind of similar to what I would expect from a little heavier Biere de Garde. The alcohol is evident, at 8.99%, but mixes well. I wouldn't drink this beer all the time for this price, but it was a nice experience anyway. I gave it a solid 4.1 on BA.

No comments: