Sunday, December 2, 2007

New Glarus Raspberry Tart

I was saving the New Glarus Raspberry Tart for a special occasion, and the anticipation was becoming too much, considering how much I loved the cherry flavored Belgian Red this same brewery makes. No better night to crack one open than after USC beats ucla.

Just as with the Belgian Red, I really don't have much of a description for this one. The name pretty much tells it all. It's fully flavored with raspberries, and it is very tart. You know how your mouth starts watering when you smell something sour? That's what happens with this. It's pretty acidic, so I couldn't drink it all night (even with it only being 4% ABV). The mouthfeel is really spritzy, almost tastes like a champagne cooler or something. A couple small (like 4 oz) glasses is enough for me. If you love raspberries you may want to do whatever you can to get this beer ASAP.

No comments: