Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Morning

So after our annual football game, and annual post-game slurpee from 7-11, I came home and fixed myself a quick scrambled eggs and toast breakfast. And what better to go with it than a Founders Breakfast Stout. I'll cut right to the chase and say that this was an amazing stout. The coffee, the chocolate, the roasted malt all comes together so nicely, and for a pretty viscous 8.3% double stout it is very easy to drink down.

Though there's no dating info on it, I'm guessing this was bottled last fall, since I obtained it in a trade this summer. The aroma is more tilted to the chocolate and roast side, whereas the taste gives you all that plus a ton of coffee. At the start you really feel that coffee but as the glass wears on the roasted malt and chocolate assert themselves some more. Again, so drinkable, and I actually had to slow myself down a couple times otherwise this might have been gone before I finished breakfast. It has to be up there in my top 10 beers.

(Breakfast. Hey that's the best I can do, but more important is the beverage)

No comments: