Friday, April 4, 2008

Southern Tier IPA

Well, after a long day of work I came home and wasn't planning on having a beer until I figured it'd be good to celebrate USC's dominant 6-1 victory over Westwood High (ucla) in baseball today. I pulled out the Southern Tier IPA that's been in the fridge for a few weeks.

This IPA is pretty simple when it comes to ingredients- pale and caramel malt, bittered with Columbus, flavored with Willamette, and dry hopped for aroma with Cascade. This is a pretty good tasting IPA. I don't know if I've ever had one that uses Willamette a good deal, if at all. The smell overall has that floral quality but it also has a pretty syrupy sweetness to it as well. In the taste the hops come out pretty florally and stick with a resinous bitterness. Of course there is a bit of pine in there as well.

It averages a 4.03/A- on BeerAdvocate, while I give it a 4.05/A-

No comments: